Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Week V My List

Well it's been a funny old week. Further announcements at work made for a very unsettling time, then I found out one of my friends was being made redundant for the second time in six months, so it brought it all in to context and I stopped feeling sorry for myself, well for a while any way!
My list as always has proved my saviour and has dragged me back into feeling motivated and just getting through the week. I loaded my French phrase book onto my ipod, which has brought me moments of laughter; there I am listening to dance music, when the next thing some random guy is telling me how to get to the train station.
Although I managed a smidgen of editing on my novel on Monday pm, before I hit the UK premiere of Coco Avant Chanel, the weather has been way too humid to even consider doing anything when I arrive home, after battling through the rush hour traffic in Nottingham. My novel is nearly there, but I'm just not happy with the last couple of chapters.
I managed to go to a few more events at the Broadway Literature and Media festival in Nottingham. One of which was a BBC Writers Room event. I still don't think I want to work in TV and that writing novels is the avenue I wish to choose. However, writing is writing at the end of the day, so I'm always game to listen to any advice that people wish to dish out, especially when it's free!
Then I had an email from BBC Radio Nottingham and I'm due for another appearance on 22nd July - doing the paper review once more.
Not a bad old week really!

No comments: