Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm scared

As part of my job, I occasionally have to travel. If I'm honest I don't really like to do this, I'd rather spend my days in the office, which in fairness is a chore in itself to get there in rush hour traffic. But I like to show willing and when the opportunity came, where branch visits had to be made, I pushed myself to book them in this week.
I wish I could adapt the same philosophy for my task list! I've sort of semi known for a couple of weeks, that we will be going to New York at New Year now, which is great, I'm really excited, but there is one task that I have lined up to do there, that I'm a little nervous of - the trapeze. The company in New York are now taking bookings for the time that I'm available, yet something has stopped me from booking it so far. I'm thinking of the heights, I'm thinking I hope I don't pull my back out. I'm way nervous of dropping onto the net (you have to do this - I've read the write up on their web site!)
Like the visits, I know I will have to book this at some point, but for now I'm hesitating.......

No comments: