Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's Oh So Quiet!

Oh gosh, has it really been a week since I last posted? I really must get my finger out and post more often. Not that I have a lot to say at the moment. I've been mostly writing my novel and managed to complete the chapter that I was dreading, where something happens to my main character. I've been skirting around writing this for nearly two weeks, but finally I bit the bullet yesterday and did it! So I'm pleased that one's out the way.
No more completed tasks to report at the moment. I got four books from the BBC Top 100 list, so I will be reading those in due course and I also really need to rebook the balloon ride - I think you can start taking the flights from March (may also upgrade to a weekend pass to save me wasting days from work).
Apart from that, it's been another pants week - more redundancies, this time at hubbie's place of work and hubbie is one of the chosen ones, unless he can find another job at the same firm within 90 days. I also missed out on a trip to Leeds to see Caroline Smailes do a book reading, because of the weather, so all in all, not a good week.
So with recent events this week, I've decided that this year will be a 'credit crunch' task year and I will only be undertaking tasks that don't cost anything to do. Cross everything, that should mean another eight tasks will be completed this year!

4 comments:

trousers said...

Bad news about your husband, really sorry to hear that: I hope something turns up for him.

Tami said...

whomp, whomp...credit crunch everywhere. I hate to say join the club but..... you are in good company!

Tami said...

We need our show to discuss this! LOL

Janette Jones said...

Thanks Trousers, so do I!

Tami - Unfortunately yes, we now join the many millions and we definitely need a tv show to discuss this!