Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Library Part Two

After spending yesterday in a chocolate infused state, my trip to the library today consisting of me getting into the building and out again as quickly as possible, due to a bout of crippling stomach cramps. I hate being a woman, especially when it ruins those wonderful childhood memories that had come to the fore front, after yesterday's post.
I'm now sat with four more books off the BBC Top 100 list; David Copperfield, One Hundred Year's Of Solitude, The Pillars Of The Earth and a German version of A Prayer For Owen Meany. I have no idea why I ordered this. I don't speak German and have no intention of learning. I know I wanted to try and read different versions of the books that I had on list, but I would still prefer them being in English. Perhaps someone is trying to tell me to abandon my French and attempt German? I have no idea.
So technically I have three more books to take off my list, all of which are quite weighty in text. It may take me a little while to get through these. No time like the present, I guess, to start...

3 comments:

Willy The Prince said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Willy The Prince said...

sorry about the delet!

Pillars is excellent and you won't want to put it down. You'll be done in a flash.

100 Years is great in its own way. Takes a bit more mental work to remember all the Jose Arcadios.

Never read David C. nor the German one. Let me know how they are.

Janette said...

Cool, I look forward to reading Pillars - just trying to struggle my way through 100 years, only another 125 pages to go! I don't really like Dickens so I'm not looking forward to David Copperfield...