Thursday, October 2, 2008

Half Way There

Can I hear a drum roll please? I've reached 40,000 words on my novel! Which means I'm half way there. Even though I probably won't get this finished for Christmas, which was my original goal, I still feel chuffed!
I remember how for such a long time, I had this book going round in my head, but I just didn't have the confidence to know where to start or even if I had the stamina to see it through. Now 40,000 words on, I have something that I love to do and I'm halfway to completing one of my main goals.
So bring it on - here's to the next 40,000 words. I'm on a roll now, so hopefully it won't be too long before I'm celebrating finishing the first draft.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Well done! That's fab :) 40,000 words is a LOT. I look forward to reading one day....

Janette said...

I know, I feel like doing a 40,000 word dance - can't wait to finish it now - hopefully early part of next year and I should be there!

Caroline said...

Go girlie! Go go go!
You're so nearly there x

Janette said...

I know, I know - I just wish work didn't get in the way so much, then I could complete it lot quicker!

trousers said...

*impressed*

Hope all goes well with the next 40,000.