Tuesday, October 14, 2008

One Monday Evening...

I was driving home from work, on a ordinary Monday evening. Tired, as I always seem to be on a Monday, still feeling the after effects of a busy weekend, when low and behold, what should pass me in the sky, but a Virgin hot air balloon! The same hot air balloon that was scheduled to take me on my eleventh task and the same one that cancelled due to 'high winds'. Talk about rubbing salt in the wounds! Anyway, I decided that it was at least a sign for me to get on and rebook it. So I tried and after failing miserably on the Internet, I rung them today, to find that I can not book it until January for a March flight. I'm a little scared of doing this task, to be quite honest with you. I like to feel safe when I'm doing these things and I think completing this will be just a bit on the nervy side. So I was a little disappointed that I would have to wait until next year to do it.
I was scheduled to record my flight for Radio Nottingham, so I gave them a quick ring, just to update them on what was happening. They still want me to appear on the radio in December to do the paper review and they will also discuss the two tasks that I will complete in November. The paper review will consist of me arriving at the studio at 7:30 - reading through all the days papers and finding three articles that I wish to discuss. Then at 8:25, I will be live on air, talking about my blog and the articles that I've chosen.
So, from disappointment to giddiness in less that six hours - not bad for a day's work!

No comments: