Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What Country Will You Be In This New Year?

There I was happily sat at work minding my own business, when my hubbie rang and delivered a very crashing blow.

We have booked to go to New York for New Year. I've booked the hotel, Rick has booked the flights and I've even started to thinking about booking trips etc. This trip will cover three tasks in one (state of America, trapeze and Times square for New Year). We both decided that we wouldn't go away in Summer, so we forfeited a holiday then for this trip. I've been looking forward to it for months and was hoping to catch up with an old friend whilst we were there.

The project hubbie is working on at the moment was due to go live last weekend. It didn't. Instead they want to put the date back to the end of December. They've requested my husband goes out at that time to cover the live date. It's in Japan. Bang goes our trip to New York. However we have told them, that in order to compensate I want to travel with him for a week, so at least I get the chance to see my hubbie for New Years Eve (hopefully!).

My stomach has been churning all day. I don't know whether I'm coming or going. Then of course, there is the possibility that the project could be put back and we could end up still going to New York or end up doing neither. Oh god, why is life so difficult at times?

I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Beth said...

oooooh what a nightmare. Hope it all comes out OK in the end - I'm sure it will....

Janette said...

I hope so too!

Willy The Prince said...

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you make it out here.

Janette said...

Me too - could do with the holiday!