Sunday, May 17, 2009

Up, Up And Away!

I thought I would sneak a little post in, before I did my Blog Of The Week. Next Friday is my hot air balloon ride (hopefully!). Unfortunately when you book these things, you are very much governed by the weather, hence the fact that this was booked last year and then subsequently cancelled. It's one of those 'tasks' that present a challenge to me. I'm not overly scared of heights, unless I don't feel safe, so I'm not sure how I'm going to cope in a little basket, above the skyline of Nottingham. Mr M is also coming with me, as it was a birthday present for him originally (just happened to tie in nicely with one of my tasks as well!), so I'm hoping that he doesn't freak out, 'cos then I will freak out and the whole basket could freak out....! Anyway, wish me luck and I will bore you senseless with it, next week (if the weather lets us!).

5 comments:

trousers said...

Hope the weather's better for you than it's been this weekend. Hopefully the whole thing will be exciting rather than scary.

Graham Ettridge said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! You lucky thing!!! Now that is one experience I long to have. You are absolutely going to enjoy every second of it. I'll be thinking of ya' wafting around in the thermals! It goes without saying, but I hope you take your camera and capture every second! (and it fits in so nicely with my "May" Photo challenge!LoL!) No excuses...lol! :o)

Thank you soooo much for your advice on NYC. It will come in handy, and I my hotel is just around the corner from Central Station, so I am going to make a point of going there for sure!! I'll tell you all about it when I get back. Thanks again JJ!

Phil Lowe said...

Have a great time Janette xx

dyanna said...

I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.

Janette said...

Trousers - hope so too!
Graham - Oh dear, thinking about me in my thermals??!!! And yes I need to start taking more photos, just this blasted writing keeps getting in the way!
Phil/Dyanna - thank you!