Thursday, November 6, 2008

Work

I've had about three jobs at work, that I keep putting off from doing. You know how it is, they get put to the bottom of the pile, you pretend that they will get done by themselves, etc, etc. So this week, I've tried to take the bull by the horns and get them completed. I haven't succeeded, but through no fault of my own.

There's usually a reason behind why I procrastinate, it's mainly because I don't like the job, or I don't know how to do it. I sometimes even put off a job, if I like it, to almost savour the moment when I complete it. Sad, I know!

So it may come as no surprise, if I tell you that I've hardly touched my book in the last two weeks. I've come to a pivotal point in the storyline, which equates to the last third of the book and if I'm honest, I'm a little wary of letting go and completing it. Writing your first book, is always going to be a very special moment and is something that I want to last. I will have to let go at some point of course, but for now, I'm quite happy to sit and wait, not too long though as I have a target of ten thousand words to complete this month as part of my target!

No comments: