Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Happy Bunny



I went shopping yesterday and got my Dr Who magazine, even though Tesco's were trying to hide them within all the lads mags. The smiley cake is a present from my husband, although I have to admit I wouldn't let him read the magazine until I had devoured the Steven Moffat article on how to write a Dr Who Script (I know I'm mean!)
The article on Steven is massively long and is something that I will keep going back to you, but a couple of things I picked out at first glance where that sometimes Steven has three scripts on the go all at once, which makes me feel a lot better, as I currently have two other projects bouncing around in my head, besides my novel. It also takes him an age to work out a title for his script (for Forest of the Dead it took 14 attempts until they settled on a title!) - I also have a problem in working out titles! The most crucial element though is that Steven feels the Doctor Who stories work well if there is a good mystery behind them. I already know the basis around my script, which hopefully will intrigue - just don't know the ending as yet - unfortunately Steven doesn't advise how to write those!

3 comments:

Willy The Prince said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Willy The Prince said...

oh Ps. I realize that New Years is quite a few months away so you have plenty of time to plan.

A friend of mine works in a hotel in Times Square, Hotel Room Mate Grace. I can ask her for rates if you are interested.

Also, there is a trapeze school in NY :)

Janette said...

If you could get rates for me that would be great! I've just started to look at hotels in the area, but I'm finding them quite expensive. I've also got to try and persuade my boss to let me have some time off, as they don't usually like too many people off between Christmas and New Year. Yep, I know about the trapeze school - it was featured on Sex and the City and I think I passed it when I was last in New York - do you know if it's open in Winter?