Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Bit Deep This One...

There comes a time in every ones life when something happens to make them stop and pause, re-evaluate and re think where they are going. Sometimes it's something major that happens, other times, it's just a break from the usual routine, that gives you the breathing space to work out where you are at. I'm currently off work with a back injury, a recurrence of an old injury, that I foolishly thought had left me for good. I should be back on my feet, literally, by next week, but the last couple of days off work has given me time to concentrate on where I'm going with this blog amongst other things.
The first thing that sprung to mind was, am I achieving what I set out to achieve so far? Yes, I know I have a tick list of sorts, but this list has always been more than just ticking a box. There was a definite moment, when I sat at work and thought, is this it, is this going to be my life, just passing a piece of paper around and the blog was born around that thought. My idea for the blog was not only to accomplish all the tasks listed, but for it also to have a knock on effect, for me to try other things. Since writing the blog I've managed to get a couple of my photos in a exhibition and I'm just preparing an entry for a children's story competition. I'm also going to climb Snowdon next year and I've got plans to film a documentary about my Grandad, Eric.
So when I see it all written down like this, then I feel that I'm on the right track and I don't feel that I'm wasting my time. Now to get a few more ticks in those boxes and I will be a happy bunny!

No comments: