Saturday, July 19, 2008

What A Feeling!

This lonely Saturday night, I've been watching Flashdance, a classic 80's film, if ever there was one. Alex Owens is a welder by day, dancer by night, a bit like Hannah Montana, but not quite. The more I watch this, the more I think I'm like Alex. No, I've not suddenly taken up welding, or in fact dancing, but Alex has a burning desire to fulfill a dream and although her confidence in her ability holds her up in parts, she manages to overcome her self doubt and push herself to go for her dreams. So the next time that I'm struggling to find time to write because I feel what I'm writing is a pile of poo, I'll think about Alex and what she achieved and when it's time to meet agents/publishers, inside I'll be doing the 'Flashdance' minus the leotard and leg warmers of course.

No comments: