Monday, September 22, 2008

I Name That Tune



It was my third appearance on Radio Nottingham today. So, although I was a little nervous beforehand, apparently I sounded like a true professional! They picked the two songs that I thought they would, Chesney Hawkes - The One And Only and The Backstreet Boys - As Long As You Love Me. I picked Chesney as I think this best sums up my personality - it's taken me a long time to accept who I am and I love the line 'nobody I'd rather be', as I'm happy being me. I picked The Backstreet Boys, because I associate this song with my husband, it doesn't really matter what sort of day I'm having, as long as he's there to love me at the end of it, that's all that matters. Thankfully I didn't swear live on air, but the only thing was, it ended up sounding a tad corny as they concentrated on the Backstreet Boys choice, more than poor old Chesney (apparently it was Chesney's birthday today as well - how spooky!)


I've just been to Radio Nottingham to collect another recording device to record my hot air balloon ride, which weather permitting is happening on October 2nd and then hopefully it's back in the studio to do a paper review and for listeners to hear my report.
I'm having a writing day today, so hoping to get to nearer the half way mark in my novel. Certainly that's my goal for the end of the week.
PS I love not being at work - I could quite get used to this!

No comments: